People generally don’t like change — they resist it!
Communication Consulting Programs
Change by Gumption
Change by Gumption encourages individuals to embrace change, take personal responsibility, and give-up resistance to organizational change.
Change by Gumption are custom designed communication programs for organizations undergoing a major change initiative who desire the following:
- All affected parties have the opportunity to clearly understand the necessity of and goals for the change
- All individuals permitted to have fun with the change
- All stakeholders prompted to embrace and take ownership of the change.
- Resistance minimized and approached head-on
- Time reduced from roll out to acceptance
The goal is to help your organization move from A to B
When faced with the challenge of introducing the corporate goals and new strategic direction for our company of 300 employees at the annual meeting, we were so happy we hired Steve Weber as Forrest Gump. Not only was his presentation entertaining, but he did it in a way that was extremely effective. Most importantly, we used Steve?s talent to get our message across, and it is a meeting to this day that employees refer back to when we discuss our corporate objectives. I would highly recommend Steve for any organization that has an important idea or message to communicate, in a way that will always be remembered.Mark Ferrari, President, OneWorkPlace, San Jose, CA
Corporate Change Initiatives Change Consulting Projects
Customized consulting programs that include:
- Communication strategy and design
- Assistance in creating internal marketing materials including video and other special collateral
- Creation and delivery of a custom Roll-out or Launch presentation
- Feedback phase that includes listening and interviewing all or most key stakeholders
- Summary recommendations based on stakeholder feedback and the change initiative’s ultimate goals and objectives
Change by Gumption’s sole purpose is to help your organization successfully move from A to B … as quickly as possible!
Want to talk with Steve about helping your organization move quickly from A to B?
Overview of how Change by Gumption works
Steve Weber’s 5-Step Change Management Process
Change by Gumption is the communication (Step 3) and feedback (Step 4) phases of this 5-Step process:
- Using Kotter’s 8-step change process it correlates to Steps 4, 5, and 6
The need to ‘sell’ your change initiative
Internally selling your change initiative to those impacted is too often a glossed-over phase. Or worse, it’s completely forgotten or only an afterthought.
Have you ever had a change initiative fail because of poor communication?
Change by Gumption is designed to eliminate communication failure.
Change by Gumption’s purpose is to solve your communication challenge.
Change by Gumption’s strategy for success is 3-fold:
- Create a compelling story that focuses on the benefits for affected stakeholders AND the benefits to the organization.
- Minimize resistance by targeting all known areas of trouble and quickly address any resistance identified during the feedback phase.
- Obtain both user buy-in and stakeholder ownership during the feedback phase by proactively listening and fast response/adjustments.
Who is this for?
Change by Gumption works for corporate leadership and/or project managers.
The objective is to help your organization successfully move from A to B … as directly and quickly as possible
<– A is where you are today
–> B is where you want to go
Change by Gumption focuses exclusively on communicating your message of change, and interacting with your stakeholders to promote your change initiative.
Want to talk with Steve Weber about your message of change?
We believe you have already determined the change you want.
We believe you understand and can clearly articulate both A and B.
(i.e. You know and understand the change you seek.)
If you are not already 100% clear on your overall change objectives, Change by Gumption will gladly refer you to partner Change Management experts.
Change by Gumption focuses 100% on communicating your change to your stakeholders.
Most importantly, we not only communicate your message of change, we provide a follow-up service where we directly speak and listen to your stakeholders.
By operating as an independent, 3rd-party who listens and facilitates an open, honest feedback loop, we get results.
Confidentiality and trust are honored and extended to all parties throughout the process.
Change by Gumption believes in human dignity, human potential, and human greatness. We choose to only work with organizations who share this belief.
Our listening and feedback process generates the following:
- Identification of critical challenges (or resistance) that could derail your change initiative.
- Stakeholder buy-in and ownership of the change initiative.
Change by Gumption’s Focus
Change by Gumption focuses exclusively on Steps 3 & 4 of Steve Weber’s 5-Step Change Management process.
Roll out, Launch
Immediate Feedback & Adjust