The movie Forrest Gump touched, moved, and inspired people 20+ years ago. The life lessons from the movie are just as relevant today as they were back in 1994. They give the movie it’s timeless nature.
This series is dedicated to listing the many life lessons from the movie that we can incorporate into our daily lives to feel more peace and love … and to live our lives with Gumption.
Notice Life’s Details
When Forrest was in Vietnam, it started to rain. Most of us think of rain as simply rain. Not Forrest.
We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin’ rain … and big ol’ fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath.Forrest Gump
Forrest had the ability to notice life’s details.
Life is about living. And when we’re alive, we notice the details.
Rain stops being simply rain. Instead, rain becomes a stimulus to awaken our senses.
- See – We notice the difference in size – from little bitty to big and fat
- Hear – We notice the direction from where winds come
- Taste – We notice the distinctness for each and every flavor
- Smell – We notice unmistakable fragrances … and blends
- Touch – We notice how things physically touch us
Stop and smell the roses isn’t a command … or even a suggestion.
It’s an invitation to live life moment-to-moment.
It’s an invitation to let your senses awaken.
It’s an invitation to be alive.
Stop and smell the roses is an invitation to notice life’s details.