Six years ago, I created a vision for a way of thinking and being.
The 3 simple principles of Gumption still apply today.
- Gumption is the way you think. Your thoughts. Your mindset.
- Gumption is the way you act. Take action. Get things done.
- Gumption is the way you interact with others. Communicate. Collaborate. Be gracious.
Your mindset is where it starts. Thoughts can be creative and expand what is possible. Thoughts can also limit potential and possibilities. It’s your choice.
Your thoughts also directly effect the way you act and guide you in reaching out to others.
Your actions are doing all the stuff that needs to get done. Getting things done with energy – or moxie – requires Gumption. Having a positive mindset allows you to get things done with energy and joy.
Your interactions with others is where real creation takes place. The words you use shape others’ perceptions. The vision you share can and will inspire. Your leadership provides direction and puts action into motion. Interacting with others graciously is Gumption.
When a person fails to take responsibility and live their life with Gumption the following will happen:
- Thoughts drift, lose focus; victimhood sets in
- Actions are incomplete and/or done begrudgingly
- Interactions become forced and manipulative
The good news is that Gumption is a choice. You get to decide.
You can take 100% personal responsibility for your thoughts, actions, and interactions and live your life with Gumption!