Over the past two years, I’ve narrowed my focus from speaking generally about business and the movie Forrest Gump to speaking specifically about increasing personal performance – especially in group settings. Gumption has emerged as the key word that describes the way a person thinks, acts, and interacts with others. Function with Gumption has become the phrase to describe a person taking 100% personal responsibility for their thinking, actions, and interactions.
With my graphic designer KJ’s excellent creative work, I’ve created a logo for Function with Gumption. Here is the simple explanation of the logo and its various elements.
- Function – Living life and getting things done needs to be fun.
- Gumption – Forrest remains the overarching theme and inspiration.
- The three gears – Represents Gumption’s three principles.
- The large center gear – Represents your thinking. It drives the other gears.
- The left gear – Represents your action, or getting things done. It’s directly connected to and propelled by your thinking.
- The right gear – Represents your interacting with others.
- The chain – To interact with others, you need to connect with them. The chain perfectly represents the connection between two individuals.
- The feather – From the movie and representing the opportunities that float into your life.
It’s amazing what a single image can represent when you receive professional help from a talented and creative artist. Thanks, KJ!
Are you ready to Function with Gumption?
Next Blog Title: Another Forrest Gump Story of Persistence
Next Blog Date: December 5, 2011