What Is Gumption?
Gumption is Steve Weber’s theory on how human beings succeed in life, love, & business
Sound Practical Judgement +
Steve’s thought leadership is based on personal responsibility which he calls Gumption.
Steve’s passion for Gumption made our employee day fun and delivered a message of personal responsibility which is critical to our future success. Read more
Many speakers can deliver a positive message … Steve has the ability to make the message applicable and relevant by utilizing the familiar themes made famous in the movie Forrest Gump. Steve not only presents a message of Gumption … he becomes Forrest.
Steve’s message of Gumption is leadership principles and practical life lessons all wrapped up in a positive, engaging presentation.
Steve’s message of personal responsibility – which he calls Gumption – is perfect for today’s workforce. Steve obviously did his homework as many of his stories and examples were relevant to our industry of Healthcare services. Steve presents with Gumption. The world needs more Gumption!
As a Board member, I felt Steve went beyond the typical preparation to understand the issues and challenges facing our organization and industry. The result was Steve combined his message of Gumption with our organization’s membership challenges for an impactful one-two punch. He helped us throw down the gauntlet for our next year’s opportunity to grow.
Our group benefited from Steve’s feather story. It’s a reminder that no matter what, even when we think we’re on the right track to discovering our full business potential, our path always has detours that must be taken. These detours turn into the essential steps of our journey … of self discovery.
Gumption is taking 100% personal responsibility for your life.
- Gumption means taking 100% responsibility for the way you think.
- Gumption means taking 100% responsibility for the way you act.
- Gumption means taking 100% responsibility for the way you interact with others.
- Gumption is using common sense to solve problems.
- Gumption is using sound practical judgement to make things happen.
- Gumption is having the fortitude to confront your fears and face life’s challenges.
- Gumption is having the determination to get things done.